Wednesday 23 March 2016

Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth


Name: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Pages: 525
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Harper Collins
ISBN: 978-0-00-744292-8
Rating: 4.5/5

The second instalment of the Divergent Trilogy. I shan't give a synopsis because spoilers.

Admittedly I found Tris and Four a little bit annoying in this novel. Four was very stubborn and refused to trust Tris' instincts even though they were right the majority of the time. However, having Tris be right all the time got a little bit repetitive. Couldn't Four just be right once? I did enjoy the inner conflict Tris struggled with as a result of her actions. It made her a less perfect character and a less perfect soldier. Imagine, a soldier unable to hold a gun? It really added to the story.

Christina is bae. That is all.

I didn't think it possible but this novel got even darker. I don't know how I managed it but I think I was spoiled for something in this novel or I had a hunch about what was going to happen. Nevertheless I still found myself having a nonononono moment. Poor Tris. Can anything go right for the girl?

I loved the ending. It was such a good cliffhanger. Fortunately, because I hoard books I already had Allegiant so I could go straight onto the next book.

Have you read this? What did you think?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?