Tuesday 29 March 2016

Review: Allegiant by Veronica


Name: Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
Pages: 526
Format: Paperback
Publisher: Haper Collins
ISBN: 978-0-00-753494-4
Rating: 5/5

The third instalment of the Divergent series. I won't post a synopsis of this one because spoilers.

I've seen a lot of people hate on this novel for the ending and I understand it. However, I loved the ending. I felt it really wrapped up the series and in a way was almost cyclical. Those who've read it will know what I mean. Four really went back to his roots.

Yet again though Four didn't listen to Tris. For God's sake man believe her! I really felt like my heart was ripped out again and again in this novel. I really liked the new characters, particularly Matthew. I found the new settings really interesting too. They really threw a spanner in the works.

I felt that the introduction of Four's narrative was interesting but highly confused me to begin with. I now understand why it was necessary. I like seeing how he thought and reacted to things as before this we only got to see how Tris perceived it.

Overall I enjoyed this and felt it was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. Even though it had me in bits.

Have you read this?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?