Saturday 5 March 2016

Literary List #7 - Auto-buy Authors

There are some authors, that after reading their work I'll buy anything they produce. Sarah J. Maas brings out a book on the history of cheese, I'd totally buy that. So I thought I'd give you a list of my top 5 auto-buy authors.


1. Victoria Aveyard.

I have loved both books Victoria Aveyard has put out so far. The world building is brilliant. The characters are so complex, if infuriating.. (I'm looking at you Kilorn).



2. Pierce Brown.

Just look at any of my reviews for his books. I've always said that I could never choose my favourite book/series because it felt like choosing a favourite child. That philosophy went out the window once I'd read Red Rising. My favourite series. Ever. I'll be highly surprised if I find something that tops it but I'm always on the hunt!


3. Joseph Delaney. 

I have read his books for years and years and will continue to do so for years to come. His stories are always so enjoyable if decidedly dark. I've read many of them in one sitting and wondered where the day went. 


4. Sarah J. Maas.

Do I even need to explain? Pre-Red Rising the Throne of Glass series was very near the top of my favourites. The characters are amazing. The world is so damn cool. I have a massive crush on Rowan Whitethorn. (My best friend does too and we discuss this at length, often.)


5. Melinda Salisbury. 

A new Auto-buy author but a damn good one. Her book The Sin Eater's Daughter has been shortlisted for the Waterstones Children's Book Awards (Teen category) and for good reason! Its such a cool and unique concept that's executed very well and keeps you on the edge of your seat. 



Are any of these wonderful humans Auto-buy Authors for you?

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?