Wednesday 9 March 2016

February Wrap up


I can't actually believe how many books I managed to read this month. It's rather ridiculous. Granted I had a lot of late nights.

1. Giant Days by John Allison & Lissa Treiman 5/5

This was brilliant. I feel like I read it at the perfect time too. I'll be going to uni in the next year or so (Truthfully I have no idea what I'm doing with my life.) Each of the characters were so unique and so diverse which I loved. Susan, Esther and Daisy are so very different but after only three weeks its clear how close they've become. I can't recommend this enough.

2. Morningstar by Pierce Brown. (Full review to be posted soon.)

*heavy breathing*

3. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson. 4.5/5

I really enjoyed how Noelle played the concept of good and evil in this graphic novel. It made for some really entertaining reading. I love Noelle's art style, it's so fun and unique.

4. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton. (Full review to be posted soon.)

This is unlike anything I've ever read before. Full of fun, adventure and some really gritty moments.

5. The Sleeping Prince by Melinda (Full review to be posted soon.)

Such an amazing second book. Melinda Sailsbury knocks it out of the park again.

6, 7 and 8. Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. (Full review to be posted soon for each.)

A great dystopian series that I have no excuse as to why I didn't read it sooner. I love the characters and the factions. So cool.

9. The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick 2.5/5

I felt like reading this was a waste of time when I got to the end. For all the hype around the TV series the book was seriously lack lustre and a chore to read. Granted creating a plausible reality where the Axis powers won WW2 was genius but the actual book could've been ten pages. We learnt about characters that had no real influence on the story. Not for me.

10. Antigone by Sopholces 4.5/5

I loved this so much. The play focuses on Oedipus' daughter Antigone who shuns the laws set out by her uncle King Creon. He states that Polynices should not be allowed a burial because he was expelled from the city and returned. Antigone ignores this and buries him herself incurring the wrath of her uncle. A brilliant Greek tragedy. My favourite line has to be "Let's just say I've been accused of folly by a fool."
P.S see those orange things sticking out of the top of it? They are dinosaur post-it notes marking my favourite lines...

What books did you read thing month?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?