Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Name: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Pages: 457
Format: Hardback
Publisher: Penguin
ISBN: 978-0-141-35255-8
Rating: 4/5

The Others have come to Earth, so far there have been four waves all with the aim of eradicating the human population. No-one knows what the 5th wave will be. The only thing Cassie knows is that she made a promise to her brother, one that she intends to keep no matter the consequence.

I can't remember the last time I read a book about an alien invasion but I plan to read more now!

The characters in this novel were so realistic. I really loved the fact that we got to know a little about them prior to the attack as it showed just how much they'd changed. Cassie's little brother was so sweet, I thought it was brilliant how he brought some of the characters together. The writing style gave more of an insight into how the characters reacted and felt during the invasion. It was nice to see how they each coped with the situations they were put in. It was great that they weren't perfect either, each of them had some for of issue or flaw. I always like that in the characters I read about.

The plot. Quite simply, awesome. How everything linked together in the end was done so so well. It moved with good pace and had plenty of action. Like I said earlier I've never read much about aliens but with the movie coming out I thought I'd give it a go. I love Chloe Moretz and Nick Robinson.

Definitely going to continue on with this series.

Have you read this or are planning to go and watch the movie?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?