Wednesday 27 January 2016

January YA Book Haul


I did bad things. I did very bad things. Just when I thought my TBR list was big enough already, the pretty books called to me.

1. Lumberjanes Volume One: Beware the Kitten Holy by Stevenson, Ellis, Watters and Allen.

A graphic novel following a group of girls spending summer at a scout camp and the strange creatures and encounters they have.

2. Lumberjanes Volume Two: Friendship to the Max by Stevenson, Ellis, Watters and Allen.

I'll be mentioning how much I love Noelle Stevenson's art style in my January Wrap up. (Shock horror: I still need to read Nimona.)

3. Spook's The Dark Army by Joseph Delaney.

The second novel in the spin off series set after the events of the final installation of the Wardstone Chronicles.  For more information on this series click here.

4. Miss. Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs.

I've been wanting to read this ever since I heard Jessethereader on Youtube talk about it. I love the fact it has pictures too.

5. My Heart and Other Blackholes by Jasmine Warga.

Trigger warnings for suicide with this one. I will say the premise sounds very interesting but I envisage many tears.

6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner.

Hunger games meets Pans labyrinth?

7. The Game of Love and Death by Martha Brockenbrough.

This sounds so interesting. The idea of love and death being at war is so cool!

8. The Art of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson.

I haven't yet read a novel with transgender themes so I'm excited to get into this one!

9. Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton.

I've heard this described as a western in the desert. Sold.

10. Floodland by Marcus Sedgwick.

The sea has risen and Norwich is now an island. Zoe's parents are gone and now she wants to find them.

Those are the YA books I got this month.

What books did you get?

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?