Wednesday 9 December 2015

November Wrap Up



November was a pretty decent reading month considering I've been working a few more shifts in the run up to Christmas. I managed to read four novels and one graphic novel! I think the fact I've been focused on trying to write my own novel took away from my reading time, but I'm fine with that!


1.  A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E Schwab

I thought the magic system in this was brilliant. I will post more of my thoughts on this in an upcoming review. For now, just know I thought it was great and I will definitely be picking up the next instalment that comes out February 2016. 

2. Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

*Dissolves into pile of fangirl drivel* Again review coming very soon! 

3. Spook's Revenge by Joseph Delaney 4.5/5

This was such a good conclusion to the Wardstone Chronicles. I've read this series for years and had a massive book hangover when I finished but it ended well. I'm so excited that another series has been done off the back of this one too! Alice will forever be my favourite character, she's just so damn sassy. 

4. Spook's Alice 4/5

Though this was part of the overall story of the Wardstone Chronicles I felt it lacked something without the other characters. It literally is the tale of Alice fighting her way into the fiends domain to retrieve a sacred knife. I love her as a character but she needs someone to balance her, like Tom. 

5. Rat Queens V.2 : The Far Reaching Tentacles of N'rygoth by Wiebe, Upchurch and Sejic 5/5

In this volume we got to learn more about the characters in the comic which I loved. I also really like the plot of this comic, less them going on a mission and more saving a friend off their own back. Highly recommend this for fans of Saga. 

What did you read this month?

Katie x



No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?