Monday 5 October 2015

Unpopular Opinions Tag


I figured doing book tags on a blog is a little different, and in some cases a little harder but I thought I'd give it a go.

Without further delay I present the Unpopular Opinions book tag (Original)

1. A popular book that you didn't like.

For me that was Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews. I didn't completely dislike it, I just had far greater expectations for it. Greg was far to whiney for my liking but I adored Earl's character. I laughed at a lot of scenes but then the ending was distinctly lack lustre and a bit of a cop out. Though I won't mention it because spoilers.

2.  A popular book/series that everyone hates but you love.

Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater. I've seen these get a lot of negative press but I've always loved them. They're a perfect cosy up during winter with a hot chocolate read. The seasons play a major part in them in that the wolves only turn during the winter season and are human in the summer. A bit different to the typical full moon palaver which I like.



3. A love triangle that didn't end how you wanted. 

Honestly, I'm easily pleased with love triangles but the one that sticks out for this category is definitely Twilight. Not because I wasn't a fan of the man but I can't stand Bella. I've never seen such a weak female protagonist that claims to be strong. Bella acted as if she was indestructible but clearly wasn't and went round causing issues with Jacob. Poor guy, nothing to do with my infatuation with Taylor Lautner though... promise. 


4. A popular book genre you hardly reach for. 

Historical fiction for sure. Unless there is some form of paranormal element I'm not overly interested. If I'm honest it's why I have very little interest in reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. 

5. A popular or beloved character you don't like. 

Katniss Everdeen! I can't play my finger on why exactly though I wasn't a fan of how she played Peeta and Gale off against each other. 


6. A popular author that you can't get into. 

Truthfully, I've yet to find one. 

7. A popular book trope you're tired of seeing. 

I would love to read a book without a love triangle. I enjoy them but it would be a nice change of pace to read about a relationship that was just two people or even one without romance. 

8. A popular series you have no interest in reading.

As mentioned before Outlander for the aforementioned reasons. 

9. 'The book is always better than the movie or tv show' but what book changes this?

Vampire Diaries, after book five it all went downhill plot wise for me but I adore the tv show. I love the way it went. It felt far more cohesive and just worked. In the books however it seemed far too confused and mixing vampire lore with ancient Japanese Kitsune folklore was utterly bizarre! Though as I'm a stubborn reader I will continue because I want to know what happens. 


So that was the unpopular opinions book tag. 

Do you agree or disagree?

Katie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?