Friday 7 August 2015

July Wrap Up


This month I expected to read a lot more than I did as I was going away on holiday. However, meeting friends on holiday somewhat scuppered that but I'm not remorseful in the slightest. So these are the books I did manage to read in the month of July.

1. Saga Volume Two - Brian K. Vaughn. 5/5

This is a graphic novel series that I am thoroughly looking forward to continuing. The story is very dynamic and encompasses all the sci-fi I could ever want to get my hands on!

2. The Sin Eater's Daughter - Melinda Salisbury. 4.5/5

Absolutely wonderful. I don't want to spoil the book but I particularly enjoyed the ending as it wasn't conventional. I suggest you read the book in order to find out what I'm on about. I thought Twylla was a wonderful character and it was nice to see her grow throughout the book into a stronger character.

3. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl - Jesse Andrews. 3/5

I enjoyed the book but was decidedly disappointed considering the amount of hype I had heard over the book. The writing style wasn't my favourite and although I found certain aspects funny I hated Greg's narration. I found him far too whiney.

4. Girl With All The Gifts - M.R. Carey. 5/5

If you haven't read this then you are missing out. It's a dystopian novel with zombies but written in such a heart wrenching way, Its absolutely wonderful. Melanie is such a likeable character and wise far beyond her years.

5. The Rats - James Herbert. 4.5/5

I don't have a physical copy of this to show as I was lent it by a lovely gent a met on holiday. A horror book based on the concept of mutated rats with a taste for human flesh. Not for the faint hearted but a cracking read!


What have you read this month?

Katie x


No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?