Sunday 19 April 2015

The Youtube Takeover

It's official. The YouTube takeover has begun. It's undeniable. They're everywhere!

Zoella and Pointlessblog (Zoe Sugg & Alfie Deyes have even been immortalised in Madame Tussauds wax works!)

These YouTubers have now infiltrated the literary world, therefore I thought I'd do a little post collating together a few of these books, my thoughts and those I've got my eye on!


So, to begin:

YouTuber: Zoella (Zoe Sugg)
Book: Girl Online
Published: 25th November 2014

So, a YA fiction book with a plot based on a Blogger named Penny who uses an alias on her blog to vent about all manner of things including her family, boys and her panic attacks. She moves to New York with her family and meet a wonderfully good-looking chap named Noah. However, he also shares a secret. One that threatens to reveal Penny's true blogging identity...

This I have not read and nor do I intend to for the simple fact it isn't something that really appeals to me.




**Girl Online 2 (No title yet) is due to be released on 19th November 2015**


YouTuber: Pointlessblog (Alfie Deyes)
Book: Pointless Book 1 & 2
Published: 4th September 2014 & 26th March 2015

Conceptually very similar to the Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith. Very good for those creatively inclined it contains a bunch of tasks, lists and all manner of activities to do. A good book for a long journey perhaps?

Again, I have neither of these and again not for me. I'm more of a colouring person than anything.

YouTuber: Tanya Burr
Book: Love, Tanya
Published: 29th January 2015

I'd describe this as a 'lifestyle' book. It has a vast array of tips on fashion, makeup and YouTube as well as friendship, love and cooking!

I don't have this but I have been toying with the idea of getting it. I've seen some of the pictures in it and they do look rather beautiful.

Youtuber: Fleur De Force
Book: The Glam Guide
Published: February 12th 2015

If you need advice on buying the perfect pair of jeans this is for you. Fleur has placed all her tips into one convenient book. Makeup, hair, diet? It's all here!

This, I have. It's marvellous. The illustrations and photographs are beautiful and the information is pretty darn useful too!

YouTuber(s) : Danisnotonfire & AmazingPhil (Dan Howell & Phil Lester)
Book: The Amazing Book is Not on Fire
Published: 8th October 2015

This details Dan and Phil's reasons for having multiple existential crises.

I am so dang excited for this to come out. I adore them both and relate on so many levels it's both highly worrying and ever so sad.



So this is just a very short list of some of the most popular books by YouTubers. If you'd like a part 2 or even 3 considering the amount published then let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?