Thursday 30 April 2015

April Book Haul


1. Dreams & Shadows - C. Robert Cargill.
I really like what the blurb suggests about this book. Changelings have always been an interesting topic to read about. I can't quite remember but I think I read The 13 Treasures which was also this type of novel and I enjoyed that. Cargill is a film critic and screen writer - this is his debut novel.

2.  The Dead House - Dawn Kurtagich.
This was sent to me through work and it's so intriguing! Based around a school that suffered a fire in which three students were killed, twenty injured and one disappeared - Carly Johnson. Now two decades later information has been uncovered... SO SINISTER! I'm looking forward to giving this one a go!  Due for publication on 6th August 2015.

3. Alice and the Fly - James Rice.
I am so excited to read this. It sounds amazing. A novel about phobias and obsessions, isolation and dark corners and their carefully preserved secrets. It's also written by a colleague of mine: GO JAMES!

4. Shadow Scale - Rachel Hartman.
I have been waiting for this for months. I was introduced to the first novel, Seraphina, and I fell in love. Dragons as you have never seen them before. I haven't read the synopsis of this instalment but I can't wait to get my teeth into it... or fangs... haha... Go read it. Like now.

5. Deadpool - Dead Presidents #1
So I love MARVEL films and I figured I'd have a go with the graphic novels. Just from flicking through the artwork is amazing! I have a feeling I'm gonna need a shelf for future Graphic purchases... or a whole bookcase...

6. Nightcrawler - Homecoming - #1
I feel like Nightcrawler is such an underrated character. Art is also phenomenal here too. Not much else to say, I shall keep you updated with my findings.


What books have you been buying this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been reading lately?